Exporting and Installing

Jun 10, 2015 at 4:35 PM
Edited Jun 12, 2015 at 11:15 PM
Is it possible to provide an example of exporting an image with the DISMAPI and also installing a driver into the current OS rather than an image. Thanks.

I've tried installing on the current OS but receive some sort of operation not supported error message.

Feel free to ask for any questions. Thanks!
Oct 14, 2015 at 8:26 PM
Are you referring to actually capturing a WIM from a disk using the DismApi?
Oct 14, 2015 at 8:31 PM
Thank you for the reply. I meant getting an image from an WIM file and and exporting it to it's own a new wim. The equivalent imagex command would be:

imagex /export src_file src_number dest_file dest_name /compress MAXIMUM
Oct 14, 2015 at 8:56 PM
TL;DR version - It appears as if you can't.

Long version: This assembly is essentially a wrapper to the actual DismApi.dll that is included with WAIK / Windows ADK, and is only supposed to be supported with C and C++. That said, as long as this assembly was coded properly and completely (and I have no reason to believe that it isn't from my 2 days experience with it), it should follow all the same rules as in MS's published DismApi reference found here. I haven't done a deep search yet, but doing a quick search under the reference's Functions, it doesn't appear that there is a function that would support extracting, exporting, or capturing.

Might be best to re-ask this question in the Micosoft Social site, where there is more activity and likely to garner attention.